Bluesfest Shuts Down Speculation That JAY-Z Will Headline In 2018

Obtener Código


Written by Tom Williams on July 12, 2017

Bluesfest has shut down speculation that JAY-Z might headline the beloved Byron Bay event in 2018, after recent comments from the festival’s head honcho had some Hova fans peaking.

Last month, Bluesfest Director Peter Noble revealed that the “first headliner” for Bluesfest 2018 had been confirmed, and his comment that the booking “leaves around 99 artists to go” led some to think he was referencing JAY-Z’s track ’99 Problems’.

Now, in a new message sent to followers of the festival, Noble says he doesn’t know what all the fuss is about.

“I’m not sure what the big rumour about JAY-Z playing Bluesfest was about,” he says. “He is a great artist, and we love him… but that’s as far as it goes.”

Noble says Bluesfest 2018 is “coming together nicely, with some wonderful artists making the right noises about playing”, and reckons organisers will be “confirming more artists this week”.

Bluesfest 2017 was headlined by the likes of Nas, Santana, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith. Each year, the first Bluesfest lineup announcement is typically made between July and August, so stay tuned to Music Feeds for all the latest.

JAY-Z released his latest album 4:44 last month. Watch the video for album cut ‘The Story of O.J.’, below.



Source link

Obtener Código Obtener Código

Be the first to comment on "Bluesfest Shuts Down Speculation That JAY-Z Will Headline In 2018"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

ACEPTAR
Aviso de cookies
Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
We respect your privacy.